Will you be a bright light in the darkness? One little light can do a world of good. Will you be that for your friends and family? Keep your house full of light and the darkness can not return. One of the things I pray is that you be filled with light.
When I was growing up, people used to always fight me, or insult me or take from me because it somehow made them feel more powerful. Now I know it was actually a sign of weakness in them. Most likely their home life sucked and they just acted out on others what was inflicted on them at home.
If anything, I am trying to be more the way Jesus was. He was calm and wise. He didn’t make people feel like dirt, but had a way of drawing people to himself through a genuine, caring heart. Anyways, I hope someday to be kind and strong like that.
We are like clay to the Master. Pray the Holy Spirit like water is used to condition us and make us pliable to the Master’s hand. Clay is formed before it is fired. Your character must be formed before the fire is to come. The grace of God holds back the fire till we are made into the form we are to be…and then the fire will come. The fire sets permanent the shape and even the use of the vessel. But first the working of the clay; the touch of the Masters hand; in His wisdom makes us into what we are to become. Never is the clay fired and then made into anything. Yield to the refreshing Holy Spirit who softens the soil like rain…He softens the soul. Yield to the hand of the Master and be transformed.
Be soft in heart and strong in morals. Yield to the Spirit and stand firm on His principles.
Don’t fall like I fell. If you did, God can help you.
My prayer for you is safety and strength…. that no one temps you in any way. Anyone who tries to tear down the work God has put forth in you will become His enemy. I pray you have a keen eye to see not only what is right before you but what is right FOR you; That you have the ability to see where all paths lead. I pray God fills you with incredible wisdom and keeps your heart patterned after His own.
I’ve learned there is a deeper, unseen part to this whole game of life. One of the Bible writers says “We wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world.” That quote is from the book of Ephesians, chapter 6, verse 12. You will probably like the book called Hebrews too because it talks about faith.
Dear God…My heart beats a path in the wrong direction. What vision remains in these tired eyes is used for lust. I have fought against the blessing of affliction. Had you given me only one hand, I would form it into a fist and shake it at you in defiance. With half a tongue I curse your name and insult my neighbor.
Somehow, I still manage to use this broken body to break your heart day after day. I have become a wound that will not heal; a constant smoke in your eyes; a bitter flavor and a thorn.
How have I become so deceived as to think you want me to suffer? With Your own words you said you have no pleasure in the death of anyone.
Please Jesus, save me. Save me from myself, from my stubbornness. Give me a new heart and mind that think like your own. Give me eyes to see the path I should go. Amen
The very best things (from my own experience and former battles with recurring constant acid reflux and stomach acid) are these tips. Notice I said former because I am cured and have been now for years.
- Work towards not drinking with your meals. This is tricky. Took me some time to get used to that. Also, try not to drink after your meals for 30 minutes to an hour. This also takes time to get used to.
- Try to wait 5 hours in-between meals.
- Take activated charcoal. Charcoal is amazing at absorbing toxins and balancing the stomach (too much will dry you out). Either mix the powder into some honey water, or juice.
- Try nibbling on Candied Ginger (its pretty spicy but helps a multitude of stomach issues).
One of my original musics. She beats her wings against the strong gulf winds and catches a break now and again. Follow her along her path, See through the eyes of the blind as I show you in sound what Im unable to see in color.
If we would tank up on God’s Word like we do at our pot lucks and sunday buffets, we would grow in a different direction…UP.
See Ephesians 4:13
Don’t get me wrong. I love me some food. I’m a snacker smacker from way backer. I love crackers and bread. And that’s fine. But, I can’t live by bread alone.
“It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.”
You can have the food, but don’t forget to give thanks to the one who made it. It just tastes better that way.
One tip I use is to keep a Bible app on my phone. Some of the apps now will even play the words of text so you can listen to them. Also, having some good music helps keep my mind from wondering off…and believe me, my mind has so many tracks, I had to install a switching station and a train depot…but that’s another blog post to come. Till, then, keep you minds and hearts fixed on higher things.
I didn’t hear you knocking. the TV, radio, ipod, tablet, youtube, netflix, partying must have drown you out. How many times have you came, knocked, none one heard you, no one answered, and you went away?
“Behold, I stand at the door, and knock,” the Lord declares; “if any man hear My voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with Me.” – Jesus
Here’s a twist on this years top new years resolutions.
- Drink Less – Drink less of the wine of Babylon (false teachings) and more of the true living water.
- Stay fit and healthy – Are we fit for the Kingdom? Do we have a healthy appetite for that which is good?
- Lose weight – Let Christ roll away that burden of sin you’ve been carrying.
- Enjoy life to the fullest – “This is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.”
- Spend less, save more – Spend less time in strife and more time saving souls.
- Get organized – “Be ye all of one mind,” which means the same as “Endeavor to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bonds of peace.” All should seek to draw as closely together as possible, by dwelling upon those things in which all can agree, rather than upon those things that seem to create a difference.
- Travel more – All the treasures of the universe will be open to the study of God’s redeemed. Unfettered by mortality, they wing their tireless flight to worlds afar—worlds that thrilled with sorrow at the spectacle of human woe and rang with songs of gladness at the tidings of a ransomed soul. With unutterable delight the children of earth enter into the joy and the wisdom of unfallen beings. They share the treasures of knowledge and understanding gained through the ages upon ages in contemplation of God’s handiwork. With undimmed vision they gaze upon the glory of creation—suns and stars and systems, all in their appointed order circling the throne of Deity. Upon all things, from the least to the greatest, the Creator’s name is written, and in all are the riches of His power displayed. GC 677
- Read more – If the Bible were read more, if its truths were better understood, we should be a far more enlightened and intelligent people. Energy is imparted to the soul by searching its pages. Angels from the world of light stand by the side of the earnest seeker after truth, to impress and illuminate the mind. All who are dark of understanding may find light through an acquaintance with the Scriptures.—Christian Temperance and Bible Hygiene, pp. 125, 126.